AFSEC 14 is a high-level security summit bringing together senior diplomatic, defence and law-enforcement professionals in order to share best practice and champion greater regional integration and cooperation. The conference supports, and seeks to contribute to, a unified response to maritime insecurity as the most effective way to disrupt and dismantle transnational organised crime, combat illicit flows, and fight terrorism.
The conference will push for the implementation of the ECOWAS Integrated Maritime Strategy signed in June 2013 and the Gulf of Guinea Code of Conduct. The Focus Day deals with Transnational Organised Crime and serves to provide strategic notice on the global nature of the threats faced while facilitating discussion in a whole-of-society forum aimed at developing innovative solutions.
By convening this conference of senior representatives from Africa and international partners, AFSEC 14 creates the opportunity to discuss regional maritime security in the context of international security concerns with the ambition of promoting security cooperation and information sharing.
Key Benefits of Attending AFSEC 14
- Shape the debate on how to counter existing and emerging threats in complex security environments including the Gulf of Guinea and trans-Atlantic cocaine route
- Meet senior officials and hear their candid views on domestic and regional security challenges including advancing the implementation of the ECOWAS Integrated Maritime Strategy
- Develop comprehensive awareness of the international security capacity building initiatives currently active in the region involving more than 20 nations
- Share knowledge, strategies and solutions to providing affordable and persistent maritime domain awareness and interdiction of suspect targets
- Debate the benefits and operational challenges of regional information and intelligence sharing in the area of maritime security and law-enforcement
Testimonials from our last regional security conference
"AFSEC is a key event to drive a change towards the security of the West Africa Coast line"
Johan Obdala, Director, International Organization for Security and Intelligence
"...one of the best IQPC conferences we have ever been to. The time and money invested at CABSEC was very well spent..." Rickard Hjelmberg, Vice President Marketing & Sales, Maritime Surveillance Area, SAAB
"We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of attendees at CABSEC...a must attend for 2014! Great job!" Jim Hansen, Special Mission Sales Director – Americas, Beechcraft"...definitely worth our investment. An event not to miss" Sander van Oord, Sales Director, Americas, DAMEN
"CABSEC really exceeded our expectations...the most interesting conference that we have attended" Alejandro Martínez Recasens, Sales Director, Americas, Tecnam MRI "Great panel of conference speakers...huge success for us...very valuable...look forward to being a part of it next year." Lucas von Fedak, Sales Support Manager, Aviaservice
"Great event. Congratulations!" José Manuel Pérez-Pujazón, Deputy Executive Vice President, Defence, Indra"Surpassed our expectations...definitely sponsor again in 2014." Yorgo Hernandez, Director of Business Development, Americas Region, OCEA
"...remarkable accomplishment." Keith Stoodley, Senior Vice President, Provincial Aerospace "...extremely well attended...valuable insight into the region's helicopter services market...we made many useful contacts." James Goodbourn, Director, Business Development, FBHeliservices